Terms of Service
HKUST-Lee Kum Kee Happy Family Learning Center reserves the right to modify these TOS at any time without advance notice. Any changes to these TOS will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified TOS and all of the changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these TOS.
RULES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Site and for your User Postings. "User Postings" include all content submitted, posted, published or distributed on the Site by you or other users of the Site, including but not limited to all forum posts, wiki edits, notes, questions, comments, videos and file uploads. You agree that you will use the Site in compliance with these TOS, the Honor Code and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including copyright laws, any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence.
As a condition of your use of the HKUST-Lee Kum Kee Happy Family Learning Center services, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any HKUST-Lee Kum Kee Happy Family Learning Center server or the network(s) connected to any HKUST-Lee Kum Kee Happy Family Learning Center server or to interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any HKUST-Lee Kum Kee Happy Family Learning Center server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on the Site, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
THE FOLLOWING LIST OF ITEMS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE SITE:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property; and
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any Site content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, on-line textbooks, User Postings or user information. You agree not to misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Site (although you are welcome and encouraged to use an anonymous username in the forums and to act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
USER ACCOUNTS AND AUTHORITY
In order to participate fully in Site activities, you must provide your name, an email address and a user password in order to create a user account ("User Account"). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information for your User Account with any third party for any reason. In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted to enter additional optional information (e.g. your address). You represent that all information provided by you is accurate and current. You agree to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate and current.
Effective Date:April 20, 2016
Honor Code Pledge
By enrolling in a course on the Site, you are joining a special worldwide community of learners. The aspiration of the Site is to provide opportunities for more people who has the motivation and ability to engage coursework from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and other Members providing courses on the Site the opportunity to attain the best educational experience that internet technology enables. You are part of the community who will help us achieve this goal.
We depend upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty. In order to participate on the Site, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on each class website.
HONOR CODE PLEDGE
By enrolling in a course on the Site, I agree that I will:
- Complete all assessments and exams with my own work and only my own work. I will not submit the work of any other person.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
Unless otherwise indicated by the instructor of a course, learners on the Site are encouraged to:
- Collaborate with others on the lecture videos, exercises, homework and labs.
- Discuss with others general concepts and materials in each course.
- Present ideas and written work to fellow learners or others for comment or criticism.
CHANGING THE HONOR CODE
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.
Effective Date: August 30, 2017